Family Engagement Survey Results
For the first time, Fairfax County Public Schools conducted a division-wide Family Engagement Survey. The survey was administered March 24 – April 12, 2019 to all families with students in grades K-12.
All families in FCPS were asked to provide their feedback on their engagement at their child’s school to address the following topics:
- Welcoming environment
- Student success
- Family and school partnerships
- Collaboration with the community
We are proud that families at Westgate reported:
- 100 percent feel my school welcomes families of different backgrounds and cultures.
- 99 percent feel Westgate recogizes and respects families' cultural, ethnic, and religious diversity.
- 99 percent feel there are opportunities to volunteer at Westgate.
- 98 percent feel Westgate's school eladers inspire families to be active participants in the school community.
- 98 percent feel the school staff keeps me informed of my child's progress.
The feedback provided will help us strengthen family engagement and continue to foster a Caring Culture. Review the complete results here: