Our mission is to ensure that all students achieve academic excellence and develop the character to make the world a better place.
To this end:
- We will create a nurturing and safe learning community in which all participants are encouraged to take risks in order to reach their highest academic potential.
- We will structure an academic environment in which all students achieve high standards and benchmarks while their progress is closely monitored, thus producing self-motivated learners.
- In this way, we will impart the love of learning throughout our school community and pave the way towards a productive future for all.
FCPS School Profile
The best way to achieve the mission of Westgate Elementary is for the staff to work together as a professional learning community. We envision a school where:
- Staff members value collaboration though ongoing grade-level and vertical team meetings;
- Staff members use assessment information to guide instruction;
- Staff members participate in professional development opportunities and continually strive to improve classroom instruction and student achievement;
- There is collective responsibility for student learning among staff, parents, and community;
- All members of the school community exhibit tolerance and respect for each other;
- Students take responsibility for their own actions and their own learning;
- Students are critical thinkers; and
- Students learn essential understandings, knowledge, and skills at each grade level.